The Department of Computer Science at Duke University is a national leader in research and education. Industry partnership offers a unique opportunity for value-based collaborations with an academic research institution on the leading edge of computing and engineering technologies.
Industry partners gain priority access to exemplary students and to technical information across a broad spectrum of research, as well as the opportunity to influence the direction of that research and to participate in a valuable forum for technical information exchange. Department faculty and students also benefit by the exposure to industry-relevant issues and real world technological challenges.
There are many avenues for an organization to partner with Duke Computer Science. Through these options, partners sustain their investment in a strong and vital program at Duke and contribute to the Computer Science department's leadership in the global community. All resources derived from partnership are committed to the enhancement of research and instruction.
Examples of participation options include:
- Industry speakers in class or at student events.
- Campus recruiting for positions and internships.
- Sponsorship of students to conferences such as Grace Hopper or Tapia.
- Research gifts to faculty, sponsored research, and sponsored fellowships.
- Participation in or sponsorship of TechConnect where employer representatives, many of whom are Duke alumni, connect with students in a dynamic networking environment.
We welcome inquiries from companies of all sizes, and special arrangements can be made for very small or start-up organizations.
Visit Duke's Office for External Partnerships for more information on Duke programs.
Contact Amy Peters, Director of Industry and Alumni Engagement for Computer Science, at email@example.com for Computer Science specific programs or to discuss your ideas.